Speak to My Future (Blog Post)
Speak to My Future (Blog Post)
A 75 year old man got up and trusted God with his FUTURE. He allowed God to dictate every
step he took. How did God tell Abraham that he has Made him the father of many nations BEFORE
Abraham had a son. God spoke to Abraham’s future and Abraham allowed God to do this in faith.
As it is written: “I have made you a father of many nations.” He is our father in the sight of God, in whom he believed—the God who gives life to the dead and calls into being things that were not.
- (Romans 4:17 NIV) Abraham believed in the God who brings the dead back to life and who creates new things out of nothing.
- (Romans 4:17 NLT) Abraham was first named “father” and then became a father because he dared to trust God to do what only God could do: raise the dead to life, with a word make something out of nothing.
- (Romans 4:17 MSG) As it is written, A father of many nations have I made thee) before him whom he believed, even God, who giveth life to the dead, and calleth the things that are not, as though they were.
- (Romans 4:17 ASV) As it is written, I have made thee a father of many nations,) before him whom he believed, even God, who quickeneth the dead, and calleth those things which be not as though they were.
- (Romans 4:17 KJV) According to Romans 4:17 we serve the God who gives life to the dead, calls things that are not as though they were, brings the dead back to life and creates new things out of nothing.
So what would happen if we had faith and trusted God to do what only God could do, raise the dead to life, with a word make something out of nothing. You, your dreams, your goals, your future may be dead because circumstance or because someone killed it, maybe you killed it yourself by giving up but God can bring it back to life. You may feel like your nothing but God can make something out of your nothing. He can make a new thing out of your old hurts. Stop looking at your present situation as hopeless. Speak to your future and watch it speak back. Trust him with your future and watch him act. Watch what you speak to your future because that’s what your future will speak back.
Luke 1:20 – Thou shalt be silent and not able to speak, until the day that these things shall come to pass, because thou believedst not my words, which shall be fulfilled in their season.
Elizabeth and Zechariah were the parents of John the Baptist. Elizabeth was barren she could not have kids. An angel came to Zechariah and said your wife will have a baby and you will call him John. Zechariah and Elizabeth were negative they doubted so the angel was forced to shut Zechariah’s mouth so he wouldn’t talk himself out of a blessing. The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit. (Proverbs 18:21 NIV) Sometimes it’s best to shut up. God wants to bless us but our words have the power to block our blessing. What are you saying?
If you speak foolish your future will be foolish. Speak greatness so your future can be great. Don’t look at your current situation and think it’s the end of the world. That’s limiting God. God is bigger than your problem, bigger than your situation, bigger than your circumstance.
Things you can speak to your future:
- Psalm 23:4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
- Romans 8:1 Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus
- Romans 8:18 I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.
- Romans 8:28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who [I] have been called according to his purpose
- Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us
- Romans 8:36-39 As it is written: “For your sake we face death all day long; We are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.”[j] 37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, [k] neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.